Treat yourself to the most delicious breakfast! These homemade vegan cinnamon rolls are so easy to make and are wonderfully fluffy and sweet. These easy vegan cinnamon rolls are the perfect homemade breakfast to enjoy with family. So simple to make, they are wonderfully sweet and totally plant based too.Make them the night before for a delicious breakfast that everyone will love!
Treat yourself to the most delicious breakfast! These homemade vegan cinnamon rolls are so easy to make and are wonderfully fluffy and sweet.
- 2 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1 cup almond milk warmed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted (plus more for greasing pan)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
Prepare the dough:
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Whisk together the melted coconut oil and warmed almond milk and pour over the flour mixture. Stir until the dough comes together and all the flour is incorporated.
- Knead for 3-5 minutes on a lightly floured surface until the dough is smooth and stretchy.
- Place the dough ball in an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place in a warm place and allow to rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
Assemble the rolls:
- Turn out the risen dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a rectangle about 14” x 20”.
- Brush the melted coconut oil onto the dough surface. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir until evenly distributed. Sprinkle into an even layer over the surface, getting all the way to the edges.
- Starting at one of the short ends, roll the dough up gently but tightly. Turn the dough so the seam is underneath.
- Cut dough into 12 even segments with a very sharp knife. Place them in a very generously greased 9×13” baking pan, so that they are evenly spaced.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and allow to rise again until doubled (about 45 minutes).
- During the last rise, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Once risen, remove the plastic and bake for 25-30 minutes until just starting to get golden on top.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 15 to 20 minutes before adding the glaze.
Make the glaze and serve:
- Combine powdered sugar and milk in a small mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. Drizzle the glaze on the cinnamon rolls when ready to enjoy.
- Slide a knife around the edge of the pan. Remove the rolls one at a time, pulling them apart.